Asked in Immigration Law for New York

Q: Can a programmer without higher education immigrate to the US?


What are the ways for immigration to a programmer without higher education in the US?

Interested in working immigration or business.

Thanks in advance!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Julie C Hancock
Julie C Hancock pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • De Pere, WI

A: This depends on your background - your work history, your education outside of the U.S., any recognition you may have received for your work or area of expertise, whether you have a job offer, what that job offer is and a number of other factors. For a visa or green card is not always necessary to have higher U.S. education. Many options do require higher education in a foreign country that is equivalent to that of a U.S. undergrad or graduate degree. You should schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney to discuss your options.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.