Waukesha, WI asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Virginia

Q: If I was sexually assaulted & no one sent me to get checked out but 5yrs later I am now having major issues...

Happened in VA while at work with a client. No one made me get checked out. Therapy and psychiatrist bills due to PTSD were never paid by agency. Now I have had to have neck surgery due to an injury that most likely came from that. Can I file a work man's comp claim? I know it was never reported. Or is it personal injury against the family?

1 Lawyer Answer
F. Paul Maloof
F. Paul Maloof
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: I regret that I do not handle workman compensation claims or personal injury matters. Sorry.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.