Humble, TX asked in Child Custody for Texas

Q: I am following the modified possession order until Nov 17, 2019. I need help understanding the drop off

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Chad Zubi
Chad Zubi
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Your question cannot be answered without a careful reading of your order. The order should specifically state all of the necessary details for the exchange of the child/children in question. I say this because you stated you are following a modified possession order which could be any number of possible ways and places to drop off your child.

If you are referring to a standard possession order or an expanded standard possession order then in general the child will usually be exchanged at one of the parent’s residences or at the school in which the child/children are enrolled. In any case, it is very important that you examine the exact wording of the order to ascertain what it is you have been ordered to do.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.