Foxboro, MA asked in Business Law and Contracts for Massachusetts

Q: Medical Practices - Breach of Contract by owner doctor

Medical doctor invited me to help stabilize and develop business for a percentage of his all businesses including his offshore billing company. I turned his one branch office into 6 branches, increased clinical staff from 3 to over 30 and increase revenue 5 fold in less than 3 years. I also got him $400,000 from his previous partner and was promised % of the recovery. All branches are showing profit

Per contract, business needs to get yearly financial audit and share. He never did for last 3 years. When pushed gave me excel sheet which has made up data (to show loss) without any audit - some data is fake (i can prove it). He also changed the name of the offshore company..

I have other details that I cannot share here.When I asked for backup info and source data, HR details, gave me a termination notice. What should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: The only thing you can do is sue him for breach of contact.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.