Goose Creek, SC asked in Workers' Compensation for Virginia

Q: Can a worker close out a claim if they no longer want to continue with a WC claim. Medical was approved but no money.

I never received money from WC and the injury was almost two months ago 4/25/19. I did receive medical care. I went back to work and now live in a different state. A hearing is scheduled but I cannot afford to return for a hearing or hire a Lawyer. What can I do.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jerry Lutkenhaus
Jerry Lutkenhaus
  • Henrico, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: If you are 100% sure you have no residual medical problem from this accident, you can “withdraw” this claim. Be sure you withdraw the claim “wirhout prejudice” which would allow you to re-file it within two (2) years of the date of your accident. You can call the Commission at 1-877-664-2566 and get information on whom to contact to withdraw your claim.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.