Middlesboro, KY asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for Kentucky

Q: I was charged with public intoxication . I wasn't drinking I have a inner ear problem makes me stagger . drug prafanila

There was pipe in my pocket exactly like the cigars I smoke I thought it was cigar.had my pistol not concealed registered to me legally they r trying to charge me as convicted felon which I am not.tried to make me sign a paper saying I was I asked for a lawyer refused to get me one or let me make a phone call for 4 days took my wallet didn't count my money or list my personality property in front of me or have me sign a paper etc. I have over $600 when they arrested me got my stuff back 4 days later and only hand $150 I believe my basic civil rights were violated .the only reason. I was walking home was the place I was was starting together rowdy n people were getting high I didn't want to be in tht situation. So I left walking

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: What is your question?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.