Wilmington, OH asked in Medical Malpractice for Ohio

Q: can I sue for a surgery that occurred in 2001 that resulted in a rare chronic disability? HypoPARAthyroidism

HypoPARAthyroidism was unheard of back then, and the doctors didn’t know how to help me. Today I am finally realizing what has actually happened to me. It took 9 years to be approved for disability. In 2001 I contacted 2 attorneys to file a malpractice case. I was denied by both of them.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I do not practice in Ohio, but as a general rule throughout many jurisdictions, medical malpractice statutes of limitations (time deadlines within which formal legal action must commenced) could be subject to allowances that provide additional time based on "discovery" of a condition. You could try consulting with several other attorneys to see if their inclination to handle the case differs from that of the first two. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.