Concord, CA asked in Civil Litigation for California

Q: She had been I contempt of court for about 10 months after the signed agreement in mediation.

For this time frame, the money I should be able to use, I cannot since she will not comply with the order to sell the house. Can I further sue/put additional lien on the house for this loss?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Omid Rejali
Omid Rejali
  • San Diego, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You have not provided enough information to provide you with a meaningful response. If the case had been in litigation and a stipulated judgment was entered with CCP 664 language, which allows to retain jurisdiction on the case you could have some recourse. Without knowing all the important facts it would be difficult to provide a response.

Good luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.