Los Angeles, CA asked in Family Law, Adoption, Civil Rights and Juvenile Law for Arizona

Q: How can I get my son back from DCS

DCS took my son from the hospital becuz he tested positive for drugs. But my girl friend tested negative. Then they brought up an old case that my ex wife and I had. And the grandmother tried to have my son placed with her but the case worker told her right from the start that she was denied all thou she has her clearance card for placement. And to make it even worse my brother had a case before mine and they took his child so both case workers talk back an forth about mine n my brother's case even thou they are two different cases. Then DCS has given my girlfriend n myself 3 different case plans and we have had 7 case managers they took forever just to give us our referrals to terros and I told DCS an terros that I work in the mornings so they have scheduled every appointment for the morning where I almost lost my job. And our visitation case ad has only given us mornings another knew u worked in the mornings we have had 9 case ads for visitation it's like no one is working with us

1 Lawyer Answer
Rich J. Peters
Rich J. Peters
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Is your Court appointed attorney taking steps to deal with your concerns? Are you looking to hire private counsel?

I did not see any particular question that I can answer. I can say that my advice always in these situations is to bend over backwards to satisfy DCS that you are doing everything they ask, and more. Then, when the time comes to go to an evidentiary hearing, they should have no complaints. There is also a time, of course, where we may choose to seek a hearing ourselves to modify the placement or visitation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.