Oklahoma City, OK asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma

Q: if a guy hasn't seen a judge how can he file for habeas corpus in oklahoma on a misd charge of dui disabled military

he has been in jail for over a week with no arraignment He was in the military. And is now disabled

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Josh Davis
Josh Davis
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Enid, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Has bond been set yet? That typically has to be set within 48 hours. In some bigger counties, they may see the Judge to set bond and have an initial appearance, but then not see the judge again for a month. If bond is set, then contact a bondsman to get them out. Otherwise he needs a lawyer. Also check www.oscn.net to look up his case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.