Bellevue, NE asked in Traffic Tickets for Nebraska

Q: with somebody that got pulled over for expired plates and they got a ticket for less than half ounce of marijuana

I needed a ride to work in the morning it was early morning he got pulled over for expired plates he was a coworker and he was fired. The sheriff in pounded the car and we had to walk from the interstate. They gave him a ticket for expired plates and half less than half ounce of marijuana. They gave me the same ticket for less than a half an ounce and he was just a coworker that I needed a ride to work with. I couldn’t drive at that time because I have seizures and I had to be six months seizure free and my mom can take me to work that day so I called a coworker for a ride can I fight this

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: It is possible for multiple occupants of a vehicle to be found guilty of drug possession charges when there are drugs in the car. That being said, the burden is on the prosecution and, depending on the specific facts of the case, all vehicle occupants may not be guilty if one person has illegal drugs on their person. You should contact a criminal defense attorney to discuss your case. If you can't afford an attorney, you can ask for a public defender to be appointed to defend you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.