San Francisco, CA asked in Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: how do i file for a stay of eviction in contra costa county? i am 5 days from lockout

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Berkeley, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Use the attached form. Modify to your Number, Court and fill the blanks and file with the court and serve upon sheriff's office.

Best of luck.





Defendant In Pro Per

SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA, COUNTY OF __________________________

NAME OF COURT___________________________________


name [ ], Plaintiff,



[name o ], Defendant. Case No.:


SHERIFF’S NO. ____________________

Defendant hereby requests _______________ days stay of execution of Judgment pursuant to Code of Civil Procedure Section 918.

The Alameda County Sheriff’s office has notified me that I am scheduled to be evicted _____________________________. I will suffer irreparable harm if this eviction takes place because I have no place else to live.

1. On ____________________________ at _________, I contacted ________________________________, (Attorney for plaintiff or plaintiff) and told him/her that I would present an application for stay of execution to the Court at the office of the clerk at 600 Washington Street, Oakland, California, on ____________________________, 2003, in Room 4020, at or before 12:00 p.m.

2. I can deposit __________________ with the clerk of the court to pay for the duration of the stay.

3. My rent is _________________ per month.

4. I have _________________ children, ages _____________________________________.

5. In addition, I ask that the court consider the following:


I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on ____________________________, at Oakland, California.



Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.