Mercersburg, PA asked in Bankruptcy for Pennsylvania

Q: I recently went to a lawyer and found out that back in 2011 filed for chapter 7 by a different lawyer.

First attorney was to refund me 5200.00 dollars. Never did. Second attorney can get that for me but I will only get 1000.00 back. He stated I need to pay taxes and excess charges. Is this legal? What should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick

A: This question leaves a lot to the imagination. If your first BR lawyer never gave you $5,200 way back in 2011, why are you just now trying to recover it? Oh..wait; let me guess? So you can pay BR lawyer #2; right?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.