Yorktown, VA asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law and Probate for Oklahoma

Q: My dad passed away in March 26th 2019. My dad was married to his 2nd wife for 30+yrs. He had a will.

We were not notified until after his death. How can we obtain a copy of the will. He lived in Haskell Oklahoma.

Can we also contest the will?

1 Lawyer Answer
Doak Willis
Doak Willis
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Tahlequah, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You will need to hire an attorney in order to probably get the will from the surviving spouse. As to contesting the will, that attorney after reviewing the will and you telling the attorney any facts you may have as to why it should be contested can best answer that question.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.