Chino Hills, CA asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law and Probate for California

Q: House doesn't legally belong to decendant.My former Attny said I could NOT oppose or object to the probate & now I'm Adm

Probate was started by "next of kin". House is the only thing in estate but decendant is not legal owner. There's title fraud change here. When I found out all this I got attorney to help me. I wanted to let court know this is wrong and I'm against this probate. My attorney told me yes he can help and later told me I cannot object to probate and the best move was to petition for Letters of Administrator so that I can have more control. To me this feels like such a contradiction to what I wanted. Now I have no attorney bcuz I believe he was misleading me. I am faced with having to finish the probate but have no idea exactly how. Judge wants status or distribution or something and I'm clueless. I know "next of kin" is not entitled to house that really belongs to someone else. I filed Rejection to Health Services claim & yesterday they called me saying they will sue me. I'm so confused. Can an honest attorney pls help :(

1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Samuel Price
Richard Samuel Price
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Redlands, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: This is beyond what you can do on your own. You need to hire an attorney to help you. Call a local probate attorney to assist you, or contact your local bar association for a referral to a probate attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.