Waldorf, MD asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Maryland

Q: What legal actions can I take for sole custody of my child or joint ?

My childs father will not stick to the agreements we have and it is very difficult at times. I would like either full custody or a court ordered joint visitation. Not to mention he only wants to do “every other weekend”. His family does most of the work for him as far as picking my child up and dropping him off to me on Sunday. My child only really spends time with their dad one full day.... so about 2-3 days out of the month the other day.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills
  • Brentwood, TN
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: Need more information. If you do not have a court order regarding custody and visitation than you should contact a local attorney to best determine your options. Court orders can be enforced better than informal agreements.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.