Whitman, MA asked in Bankruptcy for Massachusetts

Q: I live in the New Bedford Massachusetts area and on disability. Any pro bono attorney for chapter 13?

I cannot afford an attorney and I am facing foreclosure. I have a family of 4 and need help.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

A: This is not the right place to seek legal representation. This is a free public forum designed to allow members of the general public to ask participating lawyers general legal questions. If you want to retain a helpful lawyer, pro bono or otherwise, you should use the “Find A Lawyer” tab at the top of this page. You will be directed to a different page where you can review the qualifications of lawyers practicing in the area(s) you are interested in and then contact as many as you want--privately.

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: Contact your local bar association or your local legal aid society for a list of lawyers who provide low fee or pro bono legal services.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.