Maple Shade, NJ asked in Foreclosure for New Jersey

Q: Without my knowledge my mortgage amount went up. I am behind 2 months. They returned check and claim I'm in foreclosure

Due to a hardship years ago I fell behind my mortgage by 2 months. It remained that way for years. My town taxes went up by $47 Without my knowledge. Which caused my payment to go up. I didn't know it and sent in the normal payment which 2 weeks later was returned to me as a non full payment and a letter stating I'm now 3 months behind and they want to foreclose. Instead of asking me for the extra $47. Not to mention a week prior they also returned $152 to me from escrow from previous overpayments to them.

I've offered many times over the years to bring my mortgage to date if they would remove the ridiculous late payment fees from years ago.

Every time they tell me No they won't and I'd have to redo an entire 30 year mortgage with them to do so.

Seems like I'm being railroaded.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you, Joseph Connors, Marine Corps combat veteran Iraq-Afghanistan

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Thank you for your service to our nation. In order to determine exactly what your situation is, an in person consultation and document review is essential. Do not waste your money with any non-attorney or forensic loan audit, they are both just different forms of con-artists. You will need to retain a licensed mortgage foreclosure defense attorney to represent you in this matter. Anyone who promises you anything other than effective professional representation is lying and should be avoided.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.