Levittown, NY asked in Foreclosure and Probate for New York

Q: I need help getting the deed of my late father's house into my name. I cannot afford a lawyer. Please help.

I cannot afford a lawyer, I want to Kno if any lawyers do any pro bono cases. For my children's sake, I need to get the deed transferred to my name, for the mortgage company, so I have a chance at saving the house, so we don't become homeless. If someone is willing to help me, I can work out a payment plan. Please.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael David Siegel
Michael David Siegel
  • Probate Lawyer
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: I am not sure you need to do what you think you need to do. It depends on the equity, if any, in the house.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.