Burlington, IA asked in Family Law for Illinois

Q: After living with my civil partner for almost 20 yrs. Who has supported me can I contest the will for provisions

has just died he left a will in 2015 leaving me our pif condo, but we have since sold it.bought a house & a business he intended to update this even called a lawyer made an appt. from his hospital bed but was too sick to go. now I must split this with his 3 children. I have to move, so they can sell the house & they have already taken over our successful buss. which is now showing a loss.we had work together since 1999 I stopped working late in 2008 so has was my total support.we have all split the money he had put away.I know he did not intend for me to be left like this.we live in il. I am moving to fl. where I have family & the estate won't help with any of my moving expensive.please advise me,thank you for all your help.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert B. Buchanan
Robert B. Buchanan
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: I would suggest posting this to the probate or estate planning section of this website.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.