Amarillo, TX asked in Criminal Law and Child Support for Texas

Q: How can a county charge me with criminal non support if the state is not and I'm paying my childsupport now

I owe her 61000 they say but they been garnishing my check since 1 year after our divorce my county is trying to give me 5 years probation or send me to the pay it paying 832.16 a month right now.i call childsupport division of Texas and they said they don't have any charges.i make 1900 a month at a full time job less than 25000 a year. How can they do that and is it league.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can be arrested and charged with Assault on the Tooth Fairy if an officer believes he has probable cause.

Just because you are charged doesn't mean the state will be able to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt, especially if you hire a criminal defense attorney to fight the charge. However, you can be convicted of just about anything if you give up and enter a plea of Guilty or No Contest.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.