Fort Bragg, CA asked in Real Estate Law, Civil Litigation and Probate for California

Q: Is it possible for the executor of the trust, do the paper work for probate or do you have to go to court? My brother

Is the executor for our mothers trust. He is the one that drew up the document for me to sign, not to have my name on the title to our mother's property. On Friday my case was dismissed. I left my brother's a message to let them know. They have not called me back. There was no court order for the document. So I am hoping I didn't lose my ownership to the property. The document was not notarized, will I remain a owner with my brothers or will I have to take them to court?

1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Samuel Price
Richard Samuel Price
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Redlands, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Without reading what you signed and understanding what type of case you had, it is impossible to answer your questions. You should bring all of your documents to an attorney to review and give you some legal advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.