San Antonio, TX asked in Traffic Tickets for Texas

Q: My son has a warrant for driving under revocation at the county, can the City of Lawton charge and remand him also.

He was arrested by City of Lawton, charged with driving under revocation, Comanche county has the warrant, and he will probably be charged again there. Since Comanche county deals with DUI, DWI, and major traffic offense after the one time charge of the city, isn't a revoked license a county matter?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Roy Lee Warren
Roy Lee Warren
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Marcos, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I'm sorry for your troubles. I understand and I am well aware of this type of situation. First I want to let you know some good news. The law allowing a surcharges to be imposed for those given citations/arrests for DWLI (driving while license invalid) because of failure have insurance or because of a previous DWLI has been repealed. The effective date is September 1, 2019. Any surcharges after that date are waived but people must continue making their monthly payments until that date. The state will not reimburse the surcharges already paid.

If your son was driving with a suspended license in addition to the new charges, he will be slapped with another suspension and his license will not be reinstated until he pays the $100 reinstatement fee to DPS.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.