Covington, GA asked in Real Estate Law for Oklahoma

Q: Co Heir sold property via Quit Claim Deed...part two

Thank you for the quick response. co heir sold property using a quit claim deed then the property was then sold to another party with a Joint tenancy warranty deed. There never was a probate case. We were unaware that the property existed because we were told at the funeral that my granddad sold everything. when records came online at OK land records we saw the transaction. Since there was no probate, my Granddad was the only one on title, she sold the property on her own and told no one except maybe her sister and split profits with her. Since then we have found several land transactions that took place. Some have had quiet title actions done as I suspect the new owners suspected something was wrong. The property I am asking about never had a quiet title action and there is another parcel that was restricted lands that she was unable to sell. Is it too late to probate this estate and if not what happens to the properties that she sold. My Granddad died almost 20 years ago

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Doak Willis
Doak Willis
  • Tahlequah, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Any attorney you speak with about this issue will be unable to give you a good answer until he/she is able to see the different deeds you speak of and the quiet titles you speak of along with a few more facts.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.