Marshall, MN asked in Divorce and Child Support for Oklahoma

Q: My ex and I are still married and have not been together for 3 years he is just at resident here in the US...

I put child support on him 4 months ago and have not gotten anything... I also need help with a divorce.I am a single mom and i don't have the money to get one....

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hans Otto Lehr
Hans Otto Lehr
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You may be able to handle your child support action on your own through DHS' Child Support Services office. Most folks go through their process for child support enforcement without the assistance of an attorney.

However, I would always recommend the assistance of an attorney when dealing with a divorce, if you are unable to afford an attorney, you may look at Oklahoma Legal Aid. Depending on the County you live in, you may be able get one of their attorneys to assist you. They are generally provided free of charge. This is their website:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.