Denver, CO asked in Personal Injury for Colorado

Q: Injury in Jail

My son was injured in jail resulting in the loss of his eye due to the negligence of the staff there , his pd, and the hospital. Who is the lawyer in the state of Colorado who will take this case. I was told there is only 1 lawyer and he is out of Denver. Can anyone help us in filing a case. Noone in Colorado springs elpaso county will help us.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Michael Bradford
Brian Michael Bradford
  • Lafayette, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Depending on the facts of your case, there may be an exception to the Colorado Governmental Immunity Act that applies and would you allow to successfully bring a claim. There are also many lawyers who may take your case if they believe there is a chance of success based on the law and the facts. You should know that there are special time limitations for notifying a governmental entity of a potential claim, so you should try to find a lawyer immediately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.