Wabash, IN asked in Criminal Law for Indiana

Q: wife was arrested on F3 drug charge. She hasnt had proper medical attention n other injustices. can i sue county?

my wife was served arrest warrant and booked under wrong Identity (name, DOB, address, and all) They then changed the info four more times , each time being incorrect. I was attempting to put money on her books and while i put it on the name they booked her by, directly after my deposit her info was changed in system. No refund or transfer. She was fresh out of hospital with a blood clot close to her replaced Heart which is run by a pacemaker. she hasnt gotten her meds that i took to jailhouse. She was ordered to be monitored 3 times a week in hospital to watch the clot and work toward shrinking it and preventing it from entering heart. This is a serious health issue and she gets no monitoring. her information is still incorrect as we speak

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew L. Bennett
Andrew L. Bennett
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Valparaiso, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: You should consult with a local attorney who is familiar with criminal law and civil suits against governmental entities. Use the find a lawyer feature.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.