College Station, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: need quick divorce..uncontested.. no property, no assets, no custody from spouse living in different state

My boyfriend and I want to get married but he is still legally married with someone he has been separated & living apart from for over 12 years and just never filed for divorce because he was incarcerated at the time and when released, could not afford an attorney. His ex has full custody of the only child left under 18, he is already on books for child support and has his wages garnished, and there is no property or assets between them

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rahlita D. Thornton
Rahlita D. Thornton
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If the wife signs a waiver it would make it a quicker process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.