Fresno, CA asked in Real Estate Law and Probate for California

Q: My sibling and I were in escrow on our parents home when my brother passed away.

The escrow lady says his intrest has to go to probate and she can not close escrow till a exeator/administrator is assigned by the courts to his estes. What do we do now ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John B. Palley
John B. Palley
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Roseville, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Was the property still in parents name or in kids names? If in parents names then sell in their probate. If in kids names then yes probate deceased child’s estate. If under $150k small estate options available. I do probate throughout California if you wish to discuss. My practice is 100% probate court work only.

Nina Whitehurst agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.