Brandon, FL asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: How can I contest a judgement regarding an emergency court order? Is there a form? Is it possible?

My ex is trying to sign up my children at a school that is beyond my transportation ability.

My divorce decree grants him the right to be the decisionmaker concerning their education.

However, I have filed a petition asking to reverse it since he stopped helping transport them and caused me to lose my job.

The hearing for that petition isn't until 9/23.

In the meantime, I have no means of getting them to the school he chose, and he has since filed unemployed which leaves him with the opportunity to stop supporting them financially and transporting. Once again interrupting my efforts to work.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You need to file a motion requesting emergency relief stating the reasons why it is an emergency. The court will then decide whether to hear it sooner or not.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.