Philadelphia, PA asked in Medical Malpractice for New Jersey

Q: I have a major medical malpractice case including misdiagnosis of cervical cancer, deviation from the standard of Care.

I can't afford an attorney this is resulting in major surgery including a total hysterectomy and I am 32.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: I'm sorry about your ordeal. Being able to afford or not afford an attorney is a non-issue in med mal cases. Most attorneys who handle such cases work on a contingency basis, meaning that you do not pay them a retainer or hourly fee. Their fee materializes upon a successful verdict or settlement award, and is a fraction (one-third is the figure typically used by attorneys) of the total amount won after expenses are deducted. As a first step, you could contact attorneys and arrange for a consultation; most offer free initial consultations. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.