Corona, CA asked in Elder Law and Probate for California

Q: Why would a petition to quiet title take 3-4yrs of litigation? Is it bcuz u assuming the other heir will fight me on it?

So how long would this process take if we assume the other heir won't say anything, no arguments from the other side? After i TRY to quiet title and ask to exclude this asset from the estate forever, using probate code 850.... oh wait, i forgot i dont only wish to quiet title inorder to correct the title chain history and put back on the rightful owner, but also i want the other heir to pay money for causing great financial harm when he did this fraud title change. I will file an 850 and 859. So, yeah he will fight back if i try to charge him.

Well, if i only file the 850 to exclude the asset he wont fight back bcuz he knows its all fraud he recorded change of title deed so he can then inherit something by any means. He knows he's guilty and he's lucky he's not in major trouble i guess. Awww, i really should file the 859. I need to read more. I cannot afford an attorney but do need major help so i thank you all.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Samuel Price
Richard Samuel Price
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Redlands, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: An uncontested case would probably take about a year. A contested case would probably take two to three years. I hope that this answers your questions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.