Hamilton, OH asked in DUI / DWI for North Carolina

Q: . I have a hold in NC for a fta and dui from 19 years ago. How to resolve this

Im trying to get my licenses now and was wondering if I need to get a lawyer and can I take care of this over the phone or court cam.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda Bowden Johnson
Amanda Bowden Johnson pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: It is DWI in North Carolina and no, you can't resolve this over the phone or via 'court cam'. You also likely still have an outstanding Order for Arrest that needs to be dealt with. You need to hire an attorney and keep your fingers crossed that the charging officer is no longer available. Even if you are successful in getting the DWI resolved in a way that doesn't screw you, depending on how the matter is handled, the DA may just formally charge you with the Failure to Appear which will still end up suspending you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.