Boron, CA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Criminal Law for California

Q: i was sentenced 2 days ago my attorney talked me into taking plea and he knew i was innocent i must appeal

i am 100 % innocent my attorney told me that if i took deal my son would get released that day if i didn't he was gonna do years and so was i and all i was supposed to get was 52 weeks parenting classes and 90 days workrelease and what i got is 52 weeks child abuse class 180 days workrelease a substance abuse class pay restitution to my grandson that i absalutly love and woukld never abuse i haven't slept since my court 2 days ago i throw up everything i eat cuz my nerves are shot to hell i really need help from an experienced attorney i am 100 percent innocent and with the right attorney i can prove it i just need help i don't have a lot of money but i have some im willing to fork over all my income to prove my innosence please help me

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed.

What court are you in?

i assume you had a court appointed attorney. Maybe call for the head PD of that office and explain the facts and what you want to do.

i assume the evidence suggested you or your son committed the crime. if you were successful in withdrawing the plea your son might still have exposure.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.