North Hollywood, CA asked in Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: Im having a landlord and tenant issue ongoing for 8+ years. They attack my family and I for simply following the rules.

There has been constant owner change but this current one I call him corrupt, the reason is because my family and I follow the rules on paper he has sent us but when other tenants disobey them and end up hurting us like littering, peeing, pooping, threaten us, discriminate us, vandalize, park in front of our apartment's window, and slandering us; we write faxes to the owner, call, go to their offices, etc and he simply never replies, hides, and send his workers to harass us and their manager even backs up the other tenants just because we have evidence of their constant attacks and breaking of rules since the police and city of LA demanded proofs. Unfortunately not even the police, city, housing department too doesn't help us and have left this unattended. Apparently a person from the city told me that a reason could be because this owner Jaime Rodriguez has lots of family working in the city, police, housing department, etc and gets away with it. What do we do? :(

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Pahoua C Lor
Pahoua C Lor
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Fresno, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Based on the facts that you described, you may want to file for a civil restraining order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.