Seattle, WA asked in Sexual Harassment for Washington

Q: If someone is sending around sexually explicit pictures of my body without my consent, what can I do about that?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

A: The first thing you should do is STOP giving people "sexually explicit pictures of your body."

A: Make a detailed list of who has received your photos; ask them not to delete them or the email/text in which they received it. Call the police. This will be embarrassing but there are a number of different crimes that may have been committed. We would need more information about how/when/where these photos were taken; the message that's attached to the photos; the background between you and the sender. There are both criminal and civil remedies available depending on the circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.