Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Louisiana

Q: How do I take my daughter's dad back to child support court?

I made a deal for 400 but now I'm not working at the moment. He doesn't see my child due to her coming home with handprint marks on her. I have an open CPS case right now and we go to custody court Aug 27th. He doesn't ask about her and like I said I won't allow him to see her after that. I found out he is going on vacations and he hasn't put her on his work insurance. It's been about 2 months since court. Can I take him back and raise the child support payments?

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Call the DA's office and open a child support case

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.