Springfield, IL asked in Family Law for Illinois

Q: I have sole responsibility of my children, I recently filed a motion to modify visitation due to my son starting school.

When we went to court the mother disputed asking why she can't pick him up from school, this was to modify her Wednesday visitation she has visitation from Wednesday 10am until Thursday 8am. We have another Court date Monday for a hearing. Is there a motion I can file for her to produce her work schedule for the PAST 60 days? I'm wanting to show the judge that she does not utilize her parenting time in the first place. She picks the kids up on Wednesday spends a few hours with them and then leaves the kids with her 12 year old daughter and goes to work. The next the kids see her is when she is waking them up Thursday morning to bring them home. Second how do I stress to the judge why I don't want her picking him up from school. I want my son to get used to his school schedule he is 3 and will be taking the bus to and from school. The other parent is never on time to pick the children up or drop them off at home so I don't believe she would be on time for anything else.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Marilyn  Johnson
Marilyn Johnson

A: You need to file a Notice to Produce and ask her to produce her work schedule. As far as the pick schedule from school, you are very unclear as to what is actually happening so it is difficult to respond to your question.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.