Brooklyn, NY asked in DUI / DWI and Immigration Law for New York

Q: what am i supposed to do now?

hi. i have arrested for dui and my case still on court . i didn't pledge guilty yet coz my lawyer said if i agree for conditional discharge then my charges will be reduce to dui to DWAI (which is not crime , traffic violation ). right now i am waiting for my hearing and also doing scram breathalyzer test 2 times a day. (portable breath alcohol device with automated facial recognition). its conditional discharge plead deal from DA . (for 3 months) ok now long story short , recently i had interview for my citizenship test where i have passed civic exam but for arresting they requested to submit court disposition papers ,(extra supporting documents ) but i could not submit document on time so they denied my citizenship eligibility. now my question is should i fill up form N 336 for requesting a hearing on my eligibility with submit my court disposition document or should i reapply N 400 ? Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Milwaukee, WI

A: More information is needed.

I strongly recommend an appointment or teleconference with a competent and experienced immigration attorney before there are any other complications or losses. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.