Atlanta, GA asked in Real Estate Law and Landlord - Tenant for Georgia

Q: I had a boarder renting A room and moved some of her stuff out. She is refusing to come get the rest.

She stored things in my attic and has stuff stored in my garage. What can I do as this space is needed.

1 Lawyer Answer
Paula J. Mcgill
Paula J. Mcgill
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Roswell, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Since the person was a renter, to be on the safe side, file a dispossessory action that includes her room, the portion of the attic, and the portion of the garage. Warn her that she must take her stuff out or you will file a dispossessory.

You file it in the county where the rental property is located.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.