Anniston, AL asked in Tax Law for Alabama

Q: Someone bought my mothers home at state sale for 2014 taxs i was served papers letting me know

i had no cule that it was even being sold but now i have all these papers i dont under stand trying to get help with understanding them

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: You should find a local attorney and setup an appointment ASAP if you're interested in paying the tax that was owed and recovering the property. You have a limited period of time to do this. If you can't pay the tax then there's not really anything to do unless the rules regarding the procedures for foreclosure and sale were violated, which they may have been. Best thing to do is find a local attorney that works on foreclosures and see if they'll look at he paperwork for 2 minutes and tell you if it's worth the cost and effort of doing anything.

Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.