Keller, TX asked in Civil Litigation, Small Claims and Criminal Law for Louisiana

Q: I sold a side by side to a guy that lowballed me on the value of the unit. He gave me 13,000 but I owed the bank 16

I haven’t paid it off because we were dealing with custody battle, my husband was laid off and we just haven’t had the money. We know both have jobs and are going to pay either the guy back or the bank, whichever I guess at this point. But I just was told he is going after me for theft. I understand his frustrations I really do but how can I legally make this right with a little more time?

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: No way

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.