Santa Ana, CA asked in Estate Planning for Pennsylvania

Q: How do I access my moms estate that had passed away in 2010

I live in California, my mom passed in Pennsylvania. My mom passed away in 2010 and her boyfriend at the time was trying to get me and my sister to sign over all of my moms assets to him so that he can take care of my half brother and sister At the time I was very young, me and my sister ended up signing a family settlement agreement for x amount. My question is how can I find this contract and also access all of my moms estates paperwork, as it was not provided for us years ago. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John B. Whalen, Jr.
John B. Whalen, Jr.
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Wayne, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: ... hello ...

... go to the Register of Wills where the Estate was probated ...

... it will probably be archived but they will be able to help you ...

... you may have waited to long to do anything, but good luck ...


1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.