Irving, TX asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Louisiana

Q: My daughter is 3, child support order arranged, mother is custodial parent. Child has resided with mom since born.

I pay child support, and have always made an effort to see my daughter. The mother, after three years just started letting me take my child do things only one time a month though, and would tell me to go sit at my child’s grandmaws house to see my child because she knows I will not do that, my reasoning it the grandmaw has threatened me countless amounts of times, tried to hit me, and has a criminal record from beating a man in a public parking lot. I couldn’t bring my self to go around her because I was scared she would hit me or hurt me and I don’t want my child to see that. When my child’s mother moved out and got her own place I would willingly go sit and visit, even tho there’s no order for supervised visitation. The mother constantly threatens me to take my child out my life.I want to take her to court for 7 and 7 joint custody what are my chances of getting this? I have messages and proof that I have always made an effort and she said I can’t have her because of that reason.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: I don't know how many years your time with your child has been dictated by the mother. Hire a custody attorney to get guaranteed time with your child. Create a text or email record of regularly requesting more time.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.