Keller, TX asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Louisiana

Q: Child is three years old, has always lived with mother, I pay child support.

When my child turned 4 months old me and the mother agreed we just weren’t working together and we split up. I got a job offer out of state and moved to a bordering state. We agreed that This was a smart choice so I could better support our child. We agreed I could come down and see her any time I wanted. Well I met a wonderful girl there and we got together, my first trip back was when my child was 6 months old, and she refused to let me see her because of my girlfriend. I tried to go without her and she still wouldn’t let me. I have documented everytime I would try to see my daughter and gave an excuse, she threatenes me all the time with taking my daughter out my life again. She put me on child support. After two and a half years I quit my job and moved back to the state where she resides, I got a little behind on CS. And I sent her a check for $5000 to make up for it, I’m still 2000 behind but I’m trying, can I take her to court to get time with my child? Should I hire a lawyer?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You should hire an attorney to seek a reduction in child support, if you are making less, and for a joint custody order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.