Asked in Medical Malpractice for Oklahoma

Q: Can I sue for an undiagnosed tongue and lip tie for 6 months?

My son was born december 23 around 9 pm. As you can imagine everyone on the 24th and 25th of december was scrambling around and very few supervising staff present. My child had reflux for 3 months and very slow weight gain. He was unable to bottle feed when I was at work. We had to use a dropper and drop milk in his mouth. At almost 6 months I really started to research. His weight gain was still low and still was not taking a bottle. I FINALLY found out about lip ties. I made an appointment with a pedi dentist and we took him. He was lip tied but not tongue tied. So we had the surgery for the lip tie done and he has been able to eat at a bottle since and has fed better. He still has low weight gain. Yesterday he was not eating well he is almost 8 months and had a fever off to urgent care we went. When the doc checked his throat he told us he was tongue tied! I do not want anyone else to go through what we went through and are still going through.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry for the ordeal this has caused you as a concerned parent. You must speak with an Oklahoma attorney, but your question remains open for four weeks. Don't lose more time awaiting a response. Contact attorneys on your own, as most practitioners in the med mal field offer free initial consults. If an attorney is inclined to take the case, they would request the medical records and review them in depth. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.