Maryville, TN asked in DUI / DWI for Tennessee

Q: Is there a statue of limitations on unpaid dui/dwr fines from the nineties in Tennessee?

No drivers license is holding me back from getting good jobs. Can I discuss a settlement with the local courthouse? I paid what I could afford and with having to settle for low paying jobs in this area, the rest is still on the books. Without the thousand for reinstatement, what I have left is around 2,000$. I am currently unemployed and need to get this settled somehow. What can I do to fix this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You might try Legal Aid who might try to get some Costs executed. I do not believe the Department of Safety will help you. Whatever they say you have to do is what has to be done, right or wrong. DOS issues the TNDL. Sometimes people go to other States for DL's.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.