Detroit, MI asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Illinois

Q: What can I do? I have 8 year old daughter. We live in Illinois.

My daughter was born in 2010. I was there for the birth but left the hospital to go buy some stuff for the baby.When I came back the ex girlfriend had filled out all the paperwork for the birth certificate.Years later I came to find out she didnt add me on the birth certificate and misspelled my last name since she still gave my daughter my last name.We went home and a month after I came home frome work and she told me she was leaving with the baby. Ever since then it's been a struggle to get to see my daughter. The only way I can see my daughter is when she wants money and then she just stops letting me see her. Every week I'm texting her and calling asking if I can see her or when can I give you the check in Hope's of being able to see my daughter that weekend but she ignores my messages. When she does finally answer she tells me my daughter doesnt want to see me but my daughter always says she does want to come when I finally get to see her. There is no CS/custody order.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James G. Ahlberg
James G. Ahlberg
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Rochelle, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Get a child support/custody order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.