Lucedale, MS asked in Criminal Law for Mississippi

Q: A guy jumped on my car and I slung him off of it with the car. He filed aggravated assault.

I had the girl that is pregnant with his baby in my vehicle. He was waiting when I pulled into drop her off at her vehicle. I stopped halway into the parking spot when I saw him. He starting walking towards my vehicle and yelled something I packed up and tried to get out of there. He jumped on my vehicle while I was trying to get away from him. I went forward and slammed on brakes which threw him into the ground Infront of the vehicle. I backed up and tried to go around him in which he got up and then tried to get Infront of my vehicle again. I left the scene then took the girl to where she said she fealt safe and then came back once the cops showed up and he filed for aggravated assault.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: You need to get with a criminal defense lawyer ASAP. I'd be curious to know if you've been arrested yet. From the looks of it, you have a viable defense, considering that he was the one that initiated the contact.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.