Fort Lauderdale, FL asked in Divorce and Antitrust for Florida

Q: He gets angry and holds my child as a pawn towards me and doesn’t let me see him when it’s my week to have him

I have him after not seeing him for 3 weeks because his dad wouldn’t allow me to get him and now I’ve only had him for 2 days and he is demanding that I bring him back home . When I said no he said he has primary custody of him and if I didn’t bring him back that he would have me put in jail. Is this true? I only want to keep my son as I put in a court order so I can have it in writing so this won’t continue to happen .I want my son to see his father but I want to see my son to what should I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You should have a parenting plan which defines your time and his time. He cannot block you from having your time. If he does then you need to go to court and tell the judge. There is no "primary custody." The child is shared and you are entitled to your time per the court ordered parenting plan.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.